Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wow-ness-iosity


Today was perhaps one of the best days of my life. It started with an incredible opportunity that I dont know if I will ever get again. I was an invited guest of the American Theatre Wing at the Tony Awards Final dress rehearsal....and it was INCREDIBLE. Me and the other young people in my program got a first hand look at what would later be the live broadcast. My favorite, favorite, favorite show on Broadway right not was in the house...In the Heights!!!!!1....love it love it love it...Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius for creating such an honest, heartfelt, moving musical that people like me can relate to. And the list goes on and on for those people in attendance: everyone from Mary Louise Parker and Glenn Close to Liza Minelli and Daniel Radcliffe and we were so lucky to be able to sit in the orchestra pit and be able to just stare up their nostrils.  It was just the opportunity of a lifetime to be in the same room with those people who have been in this business for years or even those people who have just been working their way up little by little like Lin-Manuel Miranda!!!!! Can I say his name?! Well I am...Lin-Manuel Miranda!!!! He is the man!!! The Man!!! The Man!!!! And then thinking about the fact that he won tonight during the real broadcast...and I knew he was going to win he deserved it...the whole concept of the show was groundbreaking and the music is a whole other story...too bad I cant afford to buy the expensive double disk from the theatre but iTunes anyone?! Oh and the reunion of the original cast of Rent...can you say Taye Diggs?!!! He is was amazingly beautiful and I didnt think he would be as beautiful in person but was he ever?!!!!! I just cannot take it all in right now....I was there, right there seeing it all happen as it unfolded and all I could think was I cannot wait to be here with them. Oh and the adorable boy from Atlanta who won the opportunity to be there from writing an essay about.....what? none other than "White Christmas"...LOL!!!! Little black boy from ATL writing an essay about White Christmas I bet the had a slightly different take on it then the other kids in his class.  Trying to get into Sex and the City because it seems like I have missed out on this wonder of the world...I do already see the obvious adoration of what Carrie wears because the girl is FIERCE...but I dont ever think I will get the premise of people's appreciation of Sarah Jessica Parker's beauty. Dont get it. Dont think I ever will. But I am interested in seeing the movie...hopefully with the girls this weekend...and can I say I am sooooooooooooooo ready for this weekend although going back to Detroit always makes me a little uneasy now that me and the ex are just that...and also because I never know where I fit in among the women there...you know what it is?! or do you? or do i? well whatever....excited to go home and sleep in the same house as my mother and sister and see my friends and just be in Detroit....not that New York is not fabulous because IT IS! More to say about the New York experience especially Springboard....in the weeks to come when I have time to get it all down....keep reading.....

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home