Friday, June 20, 2008

When I Think of Home....

Well...yes thats a corny title, I know. But its the only way to start an ode to the place I love to hate. I remember when I was little I thought Detroit must be the biggest place because there were places I couldn't get to on my bike. But now....everytime I touch down into this city I feel like a little piece of me shrivels up. There is something uninviting about this place its not what it used to be instead of being the place I grew u loving and learning in it is now the place that I associate with all the things that could possibly hold me back from going after my dreams. There's the sense of stillness, this acceptance of mediocrity that I cannot stomach. Most people seem to be full of dreams that they never see come true because the truth of the matter is they're too afraid to go after them in the first place....now this is no way to say that I dont have fears and drawbacks and reservations sometimes but they will never ever keep me from taking the necessary steps to ensure that I never have to call Detroit my home again...unless I find it important one day of course....I wonder if everyone has those feelings about the city they grew up in.....I wonder....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home