Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can Sex Stop Selling...Please?

Attention Attention Attention

Am I the only person so very very sick and tired of young (minority especially) women "accidentally" leaking nude pictures of themselves to the internet. I mean like forreal? How many times can your Blackberry get "cracked into" before you stop getting butt naked and sending them to your man? Dont you have millions of dollars? Cant you just go see him and do it in person? Wouldnt that make more sense, if you're really trying to keep it private? Especially all of these young women who could really be putting all their fame to some good use...its just sickening. But then I have to put some of the blame on all of us. We give these people all the props in the world for being the way they are. For example, what does Kim Kardashian do exactly? Does she have a talent? Has she done anything of note besides having sex on camera for the world to see? Naw. But that doesnt stop us from praising and watching her every move. And this little girl from High School Musical...this is a doggone shame and even Miley Cyrus like forreal what kind of young ladies are little girls supposed to grow up to be? and yeah I know, I know thats why parents need to be involved and make sure their raising their kids the right way, right? Well I agree and I will say that I had a pretty wonderful upbringing but that didnt stop my peers/friends/older cousins etc...from introducing me to things that my mother still doesnt know I was introduced to so lets stop pretending that these slutty buddies are not role models whether they willingly admit it or not...

And then lets not forget the people we allow to get away with lots of sexploitation i.e. Beyonce...Ciara...and the list goes on and on...the bottom line is just because they hold a microphone while doing it doesnt make it ok for them to be basically naked and sexually suggestive and as a woman I feel mentally in a place to seperate how I should behave from what these women are paid to do on TV and stages for our entertainment but so many young girls are not in a place to do that and the results are all those girls who we shake our heads at all summer long. Think about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home