Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gotta Respect That


I've always been the kind of person who does not go around calling everyone my friend. I am not guilty of sharing my secrets with every girl who comes into my life and I most definitely don't grow to respect everyone I come in contact with. But when I do let down all guards and connect with someone whether male or female I give them 100% respect, an A+ in the gradebooks if you will. But as soon as I start to see signs of things that are not reminiscent of the type of person I am or the type of people I like to surround myself with, I let it go just as much as I gave it...100%. 
And one thing that can never be said about me
is that I didnt earn my respect, demand and it give to those around me...

So...here are a few things that make me say "Gotta Respect That":

(1.) Honesty- not to be confused with truth

(2.)- People who speak up for themselves- don't let people walk all over you it doesn't make you more approachable or likeable it makes you an easy target and a boring person

(3.)- People who are ALWAYS themselves- don't pretend to be something you're not because once people find out your real side its lights out no one is gonna care anymore

(4.) Differences and people who accept them

(5.) Adaptability- when you come into a new situation, do you stick out like a sore thumb? or are you able to adapt while remembering #3? 

(6.) When a romantic relationship is over...the ability to maintain a real friendship and let everything go...thats RESPECT

(7.) A man who knows he's supposed to walk out of doors first and a few inches in front of a woman when they're together...(little known secret it shows you're prepared for whatever may come...shows you're a protector...Pops taught me that)

(8.) A woman who knows how to pick a good man...not a perfect man...but a good strong one with good moral values who understands his place as a man in your life  

(9) And THEE most IMPORTANT one of ALL: A person who respects him/herself. A person who respects him/herself will always have a plan for their future, whether its just where they hope to be or where they want to be there will be something there. A person who respects him/herself will always have the guts to deal with any situation when it arises in a mature and efficient way not when there is an excuse for their behavior that they can hide behind i.e drunk, high, depressed, pregnant, etc... A person who respects him/herself will always be surrounded by other people who respect themselves (but dont get it twisted there will be someone in the mix of respectful people who'll have very little respect for themselves and everyone else...watch how they move they'll always make themselves known).

Once again this is my blog where I sometimes go to express feelings that I am having at the time....and so the song that most fits how I'm feeling is "Aint No Love (Heart of the City)"- Jay-Z

Sincerely,
@bestnewactress :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home