Monday, October 12, 2009

Respect! Appreciation! Acknowledgement...Part II

So as promised...I'm taking a little time out and using my blog to show respect to some of the artist out there who may go under applauded, overlooked and sideswept...and so I decided it was about time someone gave some shine to one of the best actors in the business:

COURTNEY B. VANCE


He is absolutely wonderful to me...he is a trained actor and has been working in film, tv and theatre for over 20 years now...he is also a DETROIT native like myself and so many other talented artists. I think what impresses me most about him is his ability to bring something different to every character he plays even if the characters happen to be in the same range (as is the case with his role as bureau chief of the FBI on FlashForward which is closely related to his role as Ben Carver on Law and Order: Criminal Intent). He just quietly moves through Hollywood creating great work on screen and getting little to no recognition and he is one of the best actors on television right now hands down. He graduated from Harvard AND went to Yale School of Drama...he's been nominated for two Tony awards for his stage work in August Wilson's Fences and John Guare's Six Degrees of Seperation...when I see an actor like Courtney B. Vance go unnoticed it makes me sad...I can only imagine the time and effort he puts in to each and every role...he is incredible...and on another note he seems to be a standup dude...he's married to Angela Bassett and they have twins...they wrote a book about their love and relationship:


Check him out on FlashForward every Thursday at 8/7c on ABC...(i know, i know "what you work for the networks now?" lol NO im just giving out the info)...the show is FIRE i love it...and Courtney B. Vance does not disappoint!

Sincerely,

@bestnewactress

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home