Monday, January 18, 2010

Our King



Love this photo on the Google homepage today :)

In honor of Martin Luther King Jr....

I honor him for how far we've all come as well as how far we still have to go....because of him the journey ahead of us to reach true equality does not seem so daunting...

I honor him for always standing as a model of what we can all do when we stand for something...through adversity...with no apologies for what we believe.

I honor him for his eloquence as a speaker...and his class as a Black man.

I honor him for first showing the Black man to be powerful, educated and responsible.

I honor him for being so great that every year the world MUST stop to honor, remember and salute him.

I honor him for allowing me to dream...

Happy MLK Day to all of my readers and supporters. On this day ask yourself..."when I am gone will I have done anything worth honoring?". If so, keep at it. If not, today is a perfect day to start taking steps to ensure that, one day, you too will be a man/woman worth honoring. Peace and Love.

We must always show honor to those who made it possible for our successes...Obama honors Dr. King :)

That last speech...still gives me chills

How quickly we forget that just 40+ years ago we weren't allowed basic human rights


Sincerely,
@bestnewactress


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home