Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tis the Season...the countdown begins




So it's almost that time of year...Christmas! We get together. We give gifts. We see people we probably haven't seen since LAST year this time. We eat. We laugh. We argue. We watch the NBA on NBC. We watch the Christmas movies. We tell the family gossip. We enjoy one another. I am sure this year will be the same for most people. Of course there will be a shortage of gifts for some...but the thought will still be there. So in keeping with the holiday cheer...I am gonna do a blog per day...sort of like a 25 days of Christmas thing..."Well, its December 8th, shouldn't you have started on the 1st?"....ummm....vibe with me :)

This is how we're gonna do this...imagine me in front of a fireplace...speaking in a British accent...hehe

It's the first entry in my Christmas blog posts and I'm gonna focus on the gift of:

FAMILY

It's Christmas and so that means there is no shortage of movies detailing the love and joy of having a huge family to go home to on the holidays. Lots of singing and big dinner scenes with family showing up bearing gifts...ugly holiday sweaters...some type of big family argument all tied together with a bow at the end...showing us the lovely importance of spending time with family on the holidays....awwww....

the truth of the matter is we all dont come from "Hollywood Christmas" families...I know I don't. We dont wear ugly sweaters. People dont pop up with their boyfriends/girlfriends that we've never met. There is no big dinner and very few gifts. And the arguments that happen at Christmas are never resolved by New Year's but what we do have in common with those families...is the love. We care for one another...even the cousin who we dont trust around our purses...we love him AND her. ha. We love the things about us that make us so NOT a picture of perfection. We show up late. We bring the dude from down the street who no one likes. There's always a family member who brings up something we all decided to try to forget for the sake of the holidays. And someone ALWAYS gives a lecture about the problem with us "young kids". But all in all, it's classic. It's priceless. And my family's version of Christmas has shaped some of my fondest memories of being a kid during the holidays. I wouldn't trade it for anything...ok maybe...nope...not anything :)

One of my favorite Christmas movies back in the day :)

He wasn't a joke...meanie :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Lovelyladyjb said...

I love Christmas. I think this year will just be a better Christmas because we can focus on the people that we have in our lives through the thick and thin. Gifts can't compare to that! Good Post.

December 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home