Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Women are...Imperfect!




So as I get older I start to think more and more about what it means to be a woman. Let's not even get started on what it means to be a BLACK woman...thats an even deeper thought process...but I digress. While reading Hill Harper's new book "The Conversation" I came to the chapter entitled "What Black Women Want" and I was so happy to find that he actually talked to Black women and gathered their opinions but it also made me think a little about myself as a...well as a woman. I started to think about the things that women are afraid to admit about ourselves and the things that make us irresistible yet impossible to figure out at times. So I decided to do the unthinkable...im gonna say what I know about women...I think I can call myself an expert:

We are irrational. We are easily hurt. We hold grudges. We think about sex as much as men do...we just dont like to admit it. When we first see a good looking man we do, indeed, think about how he would be in bed...and THEN we go into our fantasy world (thinking of marriage, kids, etc...). We will pick fights when things are perfect sometimes just to see how much you care. We are ALL insecure about something. We like to be told how pretty we are...a lot. We love our friends. We DONT tell them EVERYTHING (to all my friends..."did i just say that?" come on we all know its true lol). We do as much dirt as men do...we just do it better. We are smarter than men...and sometimes when we're in relationships we pretend not to be so that we can ignore the WARNING signs. We always know when a man isn't the right one...we just dont always accept it. We get dressed for men (dont care what we say...we want you to notice just how cute we look). We live somewhere between sanity and insanity. We lie. We probably have done #2 at your house without you knowing :). We're fragile (even all the "i dont need a man. im strong and independent and God fearing and cant nobody hurt me" sistas out there). We need to feel appreciated. We're soft and kind. We're ruinable. We're special. We laugh with our eyes and sometimes hurt with our words (we dont mean to). We're the worse during "soowoo" season. We tell our girls mostly all the bad stuff you do. We try to trust. We want to trust. We find it hard to trust. We know when you're 100% in it. We know when the fire is gone. We listen to songs and make our love stories match them...even when they dont. We hear everything you say...and we'll twist those words around to mean whatever we want them to lol. We sometimes confuse lust with love but I've never known a woman to confuse love with lust. We do all the things we did as girls...still. We are complex...yet very simple. We believe in love...even when we say we dont. We need love. We need to love someone. We love to be desired. We hate to be bugged. We love to be admired and envied. We hate to be ignored.

And so for my fellas...you're probably thinking "ok...thanks for the heads up"...or you spent that whole list thinking "yep I already knew this...mmhmmmm crazy a** women" lol well here's something sweet to smooth that over...what I know women like about men....

We like when you try to be tough. We like when you do things...just because. We like when you make french toast ;). We like when you remember something we said in a conversation. We like when you're honest about not being honest. We like when you place your hand on the small of our backs. We like when you watch us talk and get lost in our eyes for that moment. We like when you dont know how to do something but pretend you do. We like how you smell. We like how you walk especially when we're with you. We like how you pretend to not care what we think...but you do. We like how passionate you get about sports, music, movies, etc...women like passion in general. We like when you place your hand on our thighs or on top of our hand in a movie theatre or in the car. We like when you get mad about how someone treated us. We like when you let your competitive side get the best of you and wont let us win. We like when you let us win. haha. We like when you admit to liking a "chick" flick. We like when you trust us. We like when we can trust you. We like when we can smell you on our clothes when you leave. We like when you teach us about sports...even when you get frustrated. We like when you talk to our mothers. We like when you reach out to our friends. We like when you try to guess what we'll like...and get it wrong...but at least you tried. :)

Keep in mind these are for all my sane, real, mature women and men...all yall crazy, loose cannons...I dont have anything for yall on here tonight lol. Naw im just serious. HA! Well that was my nice, sweet blog for the month. Hope you enjoyed. I think I speak for a lot of women when I say the first time I heard this song I was like "OMG I am the SAME way" lol here's Beyonce's 'Flaws and All':


Sincerely,

@bestnewactress

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous SaluteMe said...

i love inside the actors studio !!! my fav is the one where dave chappelle interviews j.lipton ...

November 11, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Lovelyladyjb said...

loved this post. I caught myself agreeing to most of the things you said, well actually all of them! You hit the nail on the head. What gets me at times is realizing that men and women are different and men don't necessarily have the same thought process as me. ;)

November 16, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home