Sunday, January 3, 2010

Prepare Abundantly Before



First off Happy New Year to all of my followers :) May this be the year that all your dreams come true...and thank you all for still supporting in 2010!

Now that the season's pleasantries are over...let's get into my first post of 2010!

I was inspired to write this post after a few conversations with close friends in which we discussed our goals for this year and beyond...in each of these conversations the wonderful women that I am lucky enough to be friends with all showed a desire to set up their lives in such a way that their 30's, 40's and beyonds would be ones of great enjoyment. But as I listened ( and in some cases read) I began to think of the question that plagues so many of us who are in our 20's...when will I have time to just live? What about relationships? Fun? Partying? Well...this is the conclusion I've come to...

I see so many people partying, drinking, wasting their youth away and I just think: "when do you plan on working towards your future"? Speaking solely for myself...I've never planned to work my whole life...I want to vacation for long periods of time and work when I want to...(never acting again will never be an option...I love it too much)...I want to have a family that I can actually spend time with...I want to send my little sister to college and buy my mother a house on an island...I want a villa in Italy...and buying bottles of Ciroc every weekend isn't gonna get me there. "Wait a minute, are you saying we shouldn't have any fun?" Absolutely not. You should live life to its fullest potential...enjoy yourself...HOWEVER...life is a great balancing act. How many times have we all heard that? In my eyes...it's all about what you earn...you work hard...you play hard....you work harder...you play harder...and I want my work to be so outstanding that nothing short of a celebration will do. I want to actually have things in my life happening that will deserve a bottle of the finest wine...a weekend full of partying...a vacay to the warmest most beauttiful beaches this world has to offer. But at this point in my life...I have more work to do. For me...it's all about the big picture. Where do I see myself BEING...not where I am. So as we embark into this new decade...I encourage my readers...of all ages...to consider doing more...demanding more of yourself...ensuring that 2010 is not just another year you'll look back on and see a bunch of resolutions, goals, dreams and desires unfulfilled and forgotten. Cut out the things that don't really matter. Focus on the things that will make New Year's Eve- December 31, 2010 a celebration of accomplishments instead of a goodbye to a year gone to waste. You're never too young to take control of your future (that sounds like a commercial for the Army or something...well...)...and urge the people around you to do the same. Skip out on the club for an entire weekend...see how much you get accomplished. Skip the hungover Sunday and hit an art gallery. Take a week away from reading gossip sites and pick up a bestseller or a self-help. Learn a new hobby. Make 2010 matter. I know I will.

Sincerely,
@bestnewactress


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home