Saturday, February 20, 2010

DO unto others...



It's 2010...but the word written so long ago still remains true "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"...not only does this phrase hold so much value because it sets up a nice guiding principle for your life but it also clues us into something very crucial that we often times forget...the "DOing". It seems we have become a culture of talk. Make a mistake, give a speech about how you're sorry...see an injustice, make a speech about how wrong it is...etc...but what we forget is that actions are what speak the loudest...in remembering this first and foremost there'd be less apologies to be made. Especially in matters of the heart. I have so many freinds...both male and female...who have been let down by people they care about...not by what they have said but by what they have DONE. By "what they have done" I don't just mean cheating...I mean small things that sometimes hurt worst. Disappointments add up and become more crucial than one big mistake. The weeks without phone calls, the giftless birthdays and disregard for deep feelings can do a number on a person. Too often there are promises unkept and feelings ignored...which leads to the "doing" of things that cause the loss of relationships and more importantly true friendships. Speaking for myself...as an example...I'm not a very public person with my emotions or feelings...I tend to not open up a lot to people...I give all of my feelings and fears and desires and needs and passions to the characters I play...I channel everything...acting is my therapy BUT if and when I do open up to a person and let them in...especially if they've convinced me to trust them....if that that bond is broken...or if there is now disregard for the trust I had in that person...I may shut off. I may become a person who won't ever open up to someone in the same way. I have to start the process over...and maybe along the way I'll meet someone who really is a nice person and wants to know more about me...but I can't... because I just won't let myself trust enough to be BRAVE enough to have that taken away or torn down when that person decides to walk. And I am not alone in those feelings. It's part of the reason I chose that photo for this blog post...it does become a cycle. I urge all of you....to show who you really are...to be honest with yourself first so that in turn you can be honest with whoever comes to care for you in your life. If you know you're a person who leaves without word or notice...and you know someone cares about you. Don't let their feelings get deeper...protect their heart. Break the cycle. If you're a man who knows that monogamy is not your strong suit maybe the girl with her wedding all planned in her head is not the one for you....protect her heart. Break the cycle. If you're a woman who knows that your esteem issues won't let you truly love someone because you don't truly love yourself maybe the guy who sends flowers and talks of one day being the best husband in the world isn't the one for you right now...protect his heart. Break the cycle. We've got to protect the innocence in one another...by being real.

Sincerely,
@bestnewactress

How I've been feeling lately...enjoy :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jt_Obama said...

Hey, this is a really great blog. What makes it great is that it's real. You know I understand completely where you come from with this. I tell people all the time that "hurt people, hurt people." I've grown to understand myself and love myself, even when others till this day still put me down. And I've been hurt by nearly every woman in my life. But I've grown to love myself to the point that no matter how much I get hurt, I'm not going to close my heart up like I use to because when you do that, that person that does love you won't be allowed in. You have to keep your heart open so love can find its way in.

You talk about trust. Here's my theory, "It doesn't matter how long you known that person. What matters is what perception you get each time you encounter that person." You don't know me. I don't know you. But we're all the same in ways. Both of us are both on a path of success. You want to act. I want to act, write, direct and do stand up. Which I do hear in MD/DC. I'm working on a play right now that I wrote, producing and directing. After that, I'll be in LA for film school in September.

What I'm trying to say to you is that you have to learn to trust. You can't expect that person to earn your trust. You must trust until they give you a reason not to. I don't have to write you and try to build a relationship with you. You can be crazy yourself lol. But I'm open to trust because once I step into LA, I can't be shelled in. I have to reach out to as many people as I can. And I might not be able to trust everyone but I know God will bring the right people in my life. So just keep your heart open and love will always find its way in. By the way, I'm James Turner. Nice to meet you.

February 20, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home