Saturday, May 15, 2010

It Plays Out So Different in my Dreams




So...as I sit here thinking of the lessons I've learned about love at just 22...I can't help but feel that maybe...this idea of "love" is overrated because afterall with all the different hearts...there has to be just as many different forms of love. Yes...I know...we all want a fairytale...but the truth of the matter is we won't all get it. Some of us will be left at the alter...some of us will be lied to...many of us will be cheated on...and lots of us will feel our hearts break in our chests as we watch love walk right out of our lives. I thought I'd found something...someone...who made me believe it was real...but I have to thank him for reminding me that my plan for love may not be love's plan for me. The fact of the matter is...love is really just the ability to keep believing until it happens. And when it does...the ability to forget the time you spent WAITING for it to happen. This post is so very Carrie Bradshaw of me...but hey...it's almost 1am in Los Angeles on a Friday night...and something just said "write it out"...so...I hope that somewhere, someone reads this...and feels the same way...or at least....understands.

"one of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter"
- James Earl Jones (love this one...)


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is brilliant also. I think you're brilliant. Not being bias either. I read this before I realized it was you @ thought wow that was really good & looked for author & asked myself: "Is this Iman?" And so it is. Thank you for sharing your gifts. You never when or WHO will come across& appreciate

May 18, 2015 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home