Monday, May 10, 2010

Tick Tock




No...this isn't a post about that very annoying song sung by that one girl who won't matter next year with a $ sign in her name...smh...but it's a post about something I discussed with two of my closest girls. OK...this is how the conversation went. My friend rushes into the room where i was sitting with my other girl and she says "once again someone is on facebook with a profile picture of their left hand, sporting a ring...and their status reads "he put a ring on it"...WTF?!...all of my friends are smart, beautiful, ambitious and single...WHY?" And then we all began a conversation in which we discussed the notion that right now...we're all at our peak of desirability. We're young 2o somethings...everything is in perfect gravitational alignment...we're college educated and working towards our dreams. But is our time running out? Sounds utterly ridiculous on the surface level, right? Right...but when you look at some of the sides of the debate that we covered...it is completely possible. Ok...at 23...we're the perfect age to be scooped up by some seasoned player player...who's ready to (must interrupt and say...yes I did say "player player" smh) settle down and is maybe 28-early 30's. He's probably ruined all the women his own age and is looking for a young set of ovaries to recreate with. "Well what about guys your own age?" What about them? Many of them are in no way ready to settle down into something serious...which expains why many women get with men at least a few years older than them. NO...not ALL guys our age are immature and unwilling to settle down...but I do think it is safe to say MOST of them are not. So...that leads me to conclude that unless we're scooped up by the previously mention 28-early 30 year olds...as we get older we'll be less desirable to our own age group of men....?! Why? Because they'll be the 28-early 30 year olds going after the early 20 somethings...which leads me back to the title of this post. Are we running out of time? If you're a single woman at our age...are your chances of being married and family bound by the age of 30 dwindling away? No one knows...I just think it's a hell of a question.

What do y'all think?

Sincerely,
@bestnewactress

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This rings SO TRUE 2 my friends and I, and we've discussed this topic on numerous occassions, not 2 mention that the pickings are very slim unless your willing (as I say) "2 expand ur horizons". Great topic 2 discuss.

May 14, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home