Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One in a Lifetime?



This is a question I often ask myself...(the title for this post actually comes from a new Monica song hehe)...but I've had many conversations in which people discuss this idea of "settling"...especially in terms of relationships. There's this idea, that many people share, that very few people end up with the person who they REALLY want to be with. That you get one person in your life who you truly love...butterflies in the stomach, heart pounding, "I'll do anything to keep you around"...truly love. That things may not go right with that person and you both decide to walk away from it...but you always know in the back of your mind that you'll never love someone that way again...and you just accept it. And then you meet someone who you love...enough...and the timing's right...and you're pressing the clock to find someone to settle down with and you just do it. You live your life loving this person just enough to stay with them...never again having THAT feeling...that 1st crush, "is he gonna call, should I call first?", heart beating in your stomach, sweaty palm, i could stare in your eyes forever...feeling. I don't think I could ever truly be happy unless I marry the man who gives me butterflies every single time he walks into a room...and even just from hearing his voice from a million miles away. It's not real...unless there's FIREWORKS for me...not just sparks...when the man I decide to spend the rest of my life with looks at me I will settle for nothing less than Avatar-esque CGI explosions to go off in my heart. Is that too much to ask? Settling has never been an option for me...not in my life, career or dreams...so the idea of settling in love has never even crossed my mind. But apparently, it seems like a viable option for many people...especially women. There's this idea that maybe you won't get another chance to get married...or even before that step...that you won't find another man to even commit to you on a gf/bf level...so the first bite you get on the line...you pull. Sure, maybe that means you have someone to cuddle with on cold nights...someone to buy your movie ticket or someone to ahem fix the plumbing...but that's so conditional. Why not hold out for something more real than a dinner date? Why not take a chance on true happiness? Of course that means there is a chance that you'll spend many nights alone in the bed with a box of Kleenex watching the proposal episode of Martin but...isn't it worth it if in the end you get the real thing? You get the fairytale relationship...that leads to the perfect proposal and the beautiful wedding...and the lifetime of memories with the man who swept you off your feet and never puts you down. That's pretty darn worth it in my eyes. There is so much life ahead of us..yet so little time to waste...that spending time with someone who doesn't truly change your life is just plain pointless. I will never stop believing in finding THEE man who completes my fairytale...then and ONLY then will I commit myself to a lifelong contract with someone. I urge every one of my readers to do the same. Maybe this way, we can build relationships that once again mean something.

Just my thoughts :)

Sincerely,
@bestnewactress

Love kinda like this :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous CLARK said...

This is a good one..
I would bet there is guys out there that feel the same..

March 23, 2010 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger eve said...

I love Martin. And I love you.

March 25, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home